Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Get on it-lacquer accents

When I worked in Queens it was not uncommon to have customers come in looking for lacquer furniture. And I don't mean some funky little accent table, I mean a full dining room in black lacquer. With gold trim. And sometimes mirrors. I still shudder at the thought.

Unfortunately, this put me off lacquer as a category for a while. But I've found some very fun accents that are the perfect foil for just about any room. Designers tend to use the phrase "a pop of color" a bit too much, but these trays and vases provide just that. It's the same idea as adding a necklace or purse in the season's "it" color--you're fashion forward without going bankrupt. I found these items on www.pearlrivermart.com and www.target.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment